An Evening at Lowes Foods | Greenville Blogger Society
Greenville has so many diverse groups to join. If you have an interest or hobby, chances are there are other people who have those same interests. I love blogging and writing, obviously. So I rep It's Greenville in the Greenville Blogger Society.
Once a month we bloggers collaborate with a business in town. The business will vary from restaurant, to hotel, to a grocery. We get to visit, tour, and experience it first hand. Of course, as bloggers, we have our phones out taking pictures, making notes, and posting all over social media. This is exactly what the business wants as we help them gain exposure.
It was a privilege to be able to tour Lowes Foods, located in Greer, near Riverside High School. As my wife (a fellow blogger) and I walked out of the building to our car, we couldn't stop talking about how great of an experience it was.
I seriously never expected to have so much at a Grocery store in my life. I could go on and on about how awesome it was, but I don't want to spoil everything for you. So here are a few high points:
- Daily events and specials.
- A place where you can get literally anything you want dipped in chocolate.
- A coffee bar, complete with an espresso machine. They even roast their own beans.
- The have a bar that sells craft beer on tap and wine by the glass, sip it as you shop or sit down and enjoy in the cafe!
- Don't pass up on the infused water, made right there in the store.
- Have a need for an herb but don't want to buy a whole bunch? Clip your own, fit as much as you need in a single baggie for only 0.99 cents!
- They make their own sausage and have in-house cured meat for sale.
- Like icing? Sample some delicious icing that goes on top of their signature square cakes.
- Incredibly kid friendly. Be sure and ask for the magic wand at the cake section to turn the lights on and off. Go press a button at the smoke house to make all of the gears turn. Another little Easter egg, make sure you tell the workers behind the chicken station that you want them to do a dance. Make sure you grab an organic healthy snack!
- There's a gourmet cheese station, bakery station, personal pizza station, fresh made sushi, build your own sub station... I know, right?
You could quite literally make a date out of this. My wife and I did the other day.
At the end of our tour, we sat down at their picnic table which was made out of the wood repurposed from an old barn. They fed us a delicious meal, and we got to ask questions and learn about all the services that they provide.
Most notably, they host birthday parties. Now, I know it sounds a bit weird to host a birthday party at a grocery store, but I honestly think this might be one of the funnest places you could possibly have a birthday party. Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself. Lowes is not just a grocery store, it's an experience rich with innovation and creativity. Every detail of the store is thoughtfully customized and unique to the location.
The pictures below are a few that I snapped with my phone throughout the tour. Do yourself a favor and go check out Lowes. You won't regret it!